Longshore Law Firm - criminal defense
Columbia Criminal Defense Lawyer
Longshore Law Firm
Columbia Criminal Defense Lawyer
Call Today For A Free Consultation 803-764-9608
Swappable Image

Pushing Back Against Domestic Violence Charges

A Damaging Charge Requires A Strong Defense

A fight got heated, and now you’re facing domestic abuse charges. But is that an accurate representation of what actually happened? A domestic abuse charge can bring potentially severe penalties, and so if you are facing these charges, you need an experienced and determined lawyer on your side to defend your rights and your future. At Longshore Law Firm, I, Edward Longshore, have the experience and legal savvy to fight these charges and protect your reputation.

What Qualifies As Domestic Violence?

Domestic violence, also known as domestic assault or spousal abuse– isn’t always an issue between spouses romantic partners. It can occur anytime people live together. Therefore, child abuse could be considered domestic violence, as could getting in a fight with a roommate. Domestic violence doesn’t always have to involve physical violence, either. It could also involve charges of emotional, psychological or financial abuse. Fighting domestic abuse charges requires the expertise of an experienced attorney. I can evaluate what happened in your case and come up with the strongest possible defense to the charges you face.

The Person Who Filed The Charges Cannot Drop Them

In many cases, a person who reports another for domestic violence will later want to drop the charges. But by that time it is already too late. When another person files domestic violence charges against you, they can’t simply revoke those charges because they changed their mind. At that point , the prosecution is in the hands of the state, and that is why you need an experienced attorney on your side to fight the charges and help give you your life back.

Defend Your Future. Call Now.

Do not let criminal charges like these spiral out of control. Contact my office today to schedule a free initial consultation at my office in Columbia, South Carolina. I take cases involving college students from any of the area colleges, including The University of South Carolina, Columbia College, Benedict College and Allen University. Call 803-764-9608 or send me an email to get in touch.

Do You Have a Case?

Contact Us

Edward W. Longshore II
192 East Bay Street
Suite 210-B
Charleston, South Carolina 29401

Phone: 803-764-9608
Fax: 855-387-0502
Map and Directions